I recently had the opportunity to review an interesting new idea for new and expecting moms… A box filled with natural, organic, and earth friendly products that moms (and moms-to-be) can try without the need to buy a full size bottle.
These boxes are from a new company called Ecocentric Mom, founded by a mother of four named Rebecca who is on a mission to help other moms find natural and earth-friendly options for themselves and their babies, especially during pregnancy and early childhood.
The Ecocentric Mom Box offers three options:
- The Mom Box
- The Mom-to-Be-Box
- The Baby Box
Since I have a one-year old, I opted to try the baby box.
The Baby Box
The box arrived with cute packaging and filled with many products that I would actually use. There were some products that I hadn’t even heard of, and some I’d definitely use or recommend to a friend.
The Baby Box that I received contained:
- A silicon “Oogaa Spoon” that is safe and non-toxic for baby to learn to eat. Since I don’t usually spoon food into babies’ mouths, but teach them from an early age to feed themselves, this is actually a fun way for baby to learn. These aren’t plastic and are BPA free, which are important to me.
- Bathtime Baby-Baby Butter- a natural moisturizing lotion that is safe for even the littlest babies. It contained ingredients that I’ve used to make my own lotion and that would be safe on kids.
- Tooth tissues- Natural and fluoride free wipes to clean baby’s teeth even before they have enough teeth to actually brush…
- Natural Floor Cleaner- made with ingredients you would be comfortable with baby crawling around on
- Natural Sun Screen- We don’t use much sunscreen (on purpose) but it contained ingredients that I would be fine with putting on baby’s skin when we do use sunscreen.
- Vaska Natural Laundry Detergent- a natural and eco-friendly laundry alternative
- Divine Mama Bars- Designed to increase breast milk supply. They contained some ingredients I don’t eat, but the idea is a great!
- Newborn Skin Oil- A natural oil designed for baby’s skin. Great if you want an alternative to plain coconut oil
- Powdered organic baby food- We don’t do much store bought baby food, but this would be great for traveling, especially on planes when liquids and baby foods aren’t allowed.
These boxes can be purchased as a single box (one month) or as a monthly subscription for several months. After seeing mine, I think these would be great gifts for new moms, especially those just starting to learn more natural options.
This would be a way for a new mom to try products and see which one work for her without the commitment of buying a large quantity. It would also be a way for new moms to find options they hadn’t even thought of yet.
I’ll probably actually give these as a gift to a few new moms that I know….
Have you ever tried a monthly product subscription like this? Ever used any of these products? Please share below!