I love spinach artichoke dip at restaurants, but not being a fan of GMO-pesticide-filled-and-vegetable-oil-cooked-corn-chips makes dip not so fun! I love the flavors of this dip and wanted to figure out a way to incorporate them in a healthy salad that also included protein, thus Spinach Artichoke Chicken salad born.
This recipe is very easy to make and is a delicious and fresh salad. It has the same taste as Spinach Artichoke dip but the dairy is optional. The flavors are much more fresh and it is a great meal on the go.
- 2 pounds of cooked and chopped chicken breast and thighs
- 4 cups (or more) fresh spinach
- 1 large (about 15 ounce) jar of marinated artichoke hearts (without vegetable oil or chemical ingredients)
- ½ cup feta cheese (optional- to top)
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup homemade Caesar dressing or a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Chop cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Put chopped chicken on top of fresh spinach.
- Top with artichoke hearts, feta and mozzarella (if using)
- Top with homemade caesar dressing or dressing of choice.
Ever adapted a restaurant recipe? Tell me about it below!