This is one of my favorite fast summer dinner ideas. The kids love it, my husband loves it, and I love that it only takes one pan to cook
- One 16 ounce package of link sausage (nitrite free if possible) I used nitrate free smoked beef sausage
- 3-4 medium to large summer squash or zucchini (or the equivalent)
- 2 onions
- 1 TBSP butter
- spices to taste: salt, pepper, garlic, basil, etc
- Slice sausage into thin slices, about ¼ inch.
- Brown them in a large skillet or wok until well cooked and browned
- Remove sausage
- Slice onion into thin slices and saute in the same pan until soft
- While cooking, peel and slice summer squash and add to onions when almost done
- Add spices to taste and additional butter if needed to prevent sticking
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until squash is soft
What’s your favorite “one-pan” meal? Tell me in the comments below!