Day Two of the Wellness Challenge. You’ve ditched the grains and processed foods and are hopefully working on getting enough sleep and exercise.
You are well on your way to better health and more energy… but does your foe still lurk in your kitchen? If your pantry looks like this, sticking to your goals will be tough with the offending foods wooing you from your pantry!
When a craving hits during the first week (and they likely will) it will be harder to stick to your guns if chocolate chip cookies are there to console you. It’s easy to think that you will just stop buying these foods once you’ve used them up, but its a viscous cycle. You’ll have to buy more tortillas just to use up the taco mix or more bread to use the last bit of jelly.
The old saying “out of sight, out of mind” is very true here, and the transition phase will be much easier if these foods are gone completely.
This brings us to today’s contest…. Clean out the junk from your kitchen and have a chance to win healthy herbal teas and spices to take its place.
How It Works
- Clean out your pantry, fridge, and any other place you’ve got unhealthy food hidden
- Donate it or take it to a food pantry if you can
- Leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH food you get rid of
- You will get 1 entry for each junk food you remove
- Contest ends at 11:59 Wednesday, August 3rd, so clean fast!
What Foods Count?
- As a general rule, if it comes in a package, box or bag, it counts
- If it contains grains, sugars, chemicals, ingredients you can’t pronounce or has a color that doesn’t exist in nature… it counts
- If feeding it to a small animal could induce a diabetic coma… it counts
- If it says “low-fat” or “Heart healthy whole grains” – it definitely counts
- If it is in a can and has ingredients other than fish (tuna, sardines, etc) or vegetables- it counts
- If it is an oil that comes from a food that does not produce an oil when squeezed (corn, soybean, canola, etc) it counts
Besides the satisfaction of removing the temptation, each junk food you remove gets you one entry to win a gift basket full of organic herbal teas and spices to stock your new food kitchen (a $50 value!).
Contest is open to everyone, though if the winner lives outside the US, a substitute prize will be sent. Contest ends at 11:59 pm (central time) on Wednesday, August 3rd!! Winner will be chosen via Random.org and posted on the Official Wellness Challenge Page and emailed directly.
What’s the worst food you’ve got in your house right now? Throw it away and tell me in the comments below!