This gluten-free, dairy-free, chicken vegetable soup is a great winter meal and is excellent at helping fight illness due to all its herbal ingredients. It is also a low glycemic and high protein meal, so it fits into my WELLNESS plan and is great for anyone trying to lose weight.
- Whole chicken or a few chicken legs or a few chicken breasts
- 3-4 ribs of celery
- 3-4 large carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 package frozen spinach or 1 bag fresh
- 1 head broccoli or 1 bag frozen
- 1 package sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- any other vegetables you have around and want to add
- 5-6 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- garlic powder (optional)
- Other herbs to taste (rosemary, thyme,etc.)
1. Boil chicken in large pot until cooked. (note: if using chicken breast instead of whole chicken, chicken broth can be used in place of water). Remove from water and chop into small pieces.
2. Add chopped celery, carrots, onions, garlic cloves to boiling water. Add turmeric, curry, oregano, basil, cayenne, parsley, sea salt, pepper and garlic or herbs to the boiling water. I add 1-2 TBSP of each except cayenne, which I add about 1/2 tsp or to taste.
3. Boil until vegetables are cooked. add spinach, mushrooms and broccoli. While stirring, add beaten eggs slowly so that they distribute (it will look similar to egg drop soup). Boil 2 minutes until eggs cooked, remove from heat and serve.
If you want to print this on a recipe card or print a shopping list for this, check it out on AllRecipes.com