This butter roasted chicken is a fast and easy recipe that roasts in a single pan for easy cleanup. It is a hit with kids, and they will never know they have eaten brussels sprouts!
(Note: we call these baby cabbages around our house!) This recipe smells great while it is cooking and is a favorite for us! Enjoy!
- 1 whole chicken
- spices of choice (I use basil, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary and garlic
- 4 or more TBSP butter
- Brussels Sprouts
- 1 onion
- 1-2 carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes
- more butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Rinse and pat chicken dry
- Place in large roasting pan or baking dish (can line with foil to make clean up easier)
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half and slice onions and carrots into chunks and place around chicken
- Rub the spices and butter over the chicken until well oiled
- Sprinkle spices of choice on veggies
- Place chicken and sweet potatoes into oven
- Roast 60-80 minutes until internal temp of 170 or more
- Toss veggies several times during cooking and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing
- Save extra chicken, chicken carcass and juices for Sunday recipe(important!)
- Serve sweet potatoes with butter and salt
What is your favorite way to roast chicken? Share below!