Pork chops made with apples is an easy and fast recipe that my kids love. I keep pork chops in the freezer for nights I know I will be in a rush. The apples add great flavor to the pork and the balsamic vinegar gives a bit of a sweet and tangy taste.
I love that this recipe comes together quickly for busy nights. The combination of apples and spices turns simple pork chops into a flavorful meal idea. I like to roast some broccoli or brussels sprouts in the oven or whip up some vegetable noodles while this is cooking so that everything is ready at one time.
- 4 (or more) Pork Chops (preferably from an organic source)
- 2 (or more) apples, peeled and sliced into thin slices
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar (optional but good)
- Salt, pepper and rosemary to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in baking dish and place pork chops in.
- Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and any other desired spices and pour balsamic vinegar over all.
- Top with apples (I saute them in butter first to make sure the apples get soft)
- Bake in oven 20-30 minutes until an internal temp of at least 140.
- Alternatively, you could cook pork chops and apples together in large skillet. This only takes about 15 minutes.
- Serve with salad and oven baked zucchini.
What’s your favorite pork recipe? Tell me below!