Your Personal Paleo Code
Recently, I received a review copy of “Your Personal Paleo Code: The 3-Step Plan to Lose Weight, Reverse Diabetes, and Stay Fit and Healthy For Life” by Chris Kresser.
I’ve enjoyed Chris’ blog for a couple of years and I was excited to read his book. I was not surprised to find that Your Personal Paleo Code was well-researched, easy to follow and fun to read.
It was great to read Chris’ full story of his journey to a Paleo way of eating. I didn’t realize that he had struggled with a severe infection he contracted while surfing and resulting health problems for years. His journey to recovery was his catalyst for wanting to help others who struggle with the same problems.
Though long (over 350 pages), Your Personal Paleo Code is an easy read. A few of my favorite things about the book were:
- Chris really delves in to the science behind this way of eating but does it in an easy to understand way
- Your Personal Paleo Code helps you figure out how to adapt the Paleo diet to your specific case and he gives examples of how some patients may respond negatively to any dairy while others need fermented dairy to thrive.
- Chapter reviews- Chris summarizes the key points at the end of each chapter, reminding readers of important points and giving an overview of action steps to take.
- Conversational tone and stories- though Your Personal Paleo Code addresses a lot of science, it never feels like you are being lectured by a professor since Chris uses stories and clear explanations.
- There are bonus chapters and additional resources available online to anyone who purchases the book including:
- “10 bonus chapters on how to customize Paleo for specific health conditions. There’s also a bonus chapter on Supplementing Wisely, and another on Paleo Troubleshooting.
- 3 weeks of additional meal plans, recipes and shopping lists. Don’t miss these delicious recipes developed by a classically-trained French chef-turned-Paleo. Print out the shopping lists, head to the store, and you’ll eating Paleo in style in no time!
- Cheatsheets on Paleo superfoods, how to prevent cravings, Paleo snack ideas, brand recommendations for fats, and more!
- Action plans and worksheets to make sure you know exactly what to do next.
- A supplement guide based on the specific recommendations mentioned in the book.”
- Chris goes beyond diet and addresses lifestyle factors like stress, sleep and supplements.
- Your Personal Paleo Code goes through three phases: Reset, Rebuild and Revive to help readers overcome challenges of adapting to the Paleo diet. This also helps readers determine the best diet for their personal goals and struggles and have a time frame and specific goals to stay motivated.
Have you read Your Personal Paleo Code? What did you think? Share below!